Locataire Farm is an agribusiness and food ingredient entity dedicated to improving the global food supply chain. From our farm to the table, our team supplies raw and processed agricultural commodities and specialized food ingredients to a wide range of customers in the livestock, poultry, food processor, food services and bakery industries.
The farm is located in Pointe-Noire, a port city and oil industry hub in the Republic of the Congo.
We offer alternative farming system with regard to biosecurity based on free range production of poultry, table eggs, pig, and goat. We produce organic products of superior quality in accordance with food safety management standards such as the International Standard ISO 22000.
- We raised various poultry species including crossbred chickens, turkeys, ducks, guinea fowl, and geese. Our birds are bred for meat or egg production and require intensive nutritional and health management to express their genetic potential.
- Turkeys are generally raised for meat, not for any eggs they might provide.
- Ducks however are raised for meat, feathers and for their eggs.
- Livestock animals such as goats, lamb, and pork are raised for meat production. Our animals are raised outdoors on pasture where they enjoy a comfort that allows them to express their natural behaviors. Raised without antibiotics or growth enhancers, animals’ nutrition includes cereals and flaxseed, giving the meat an incomparable flavor and mellowness.
At Locataire, we follow strict guidelines to produce safe, healthy eggs and provide care for hens.
- We provide them excellent feed and housing and monitor their health constantly
- Our well-trained staff work with the animals taking care of them on a daily basis. They take special attention to hygiene, feeding and preventive measures to reduce to a minimum injury or any type of stress. We also have the support of a veterinarian who performs weekly check of our animals and provides advise for their care.